50g Quinoa flour
50g Ground almonds
Teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons of poppy seeds
75g Grated carrot
¼ Teaspoon baking soda
4 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until soft
2. Add in the vanilla extract and ground almonds. Mix until the ingredients come together in a breadcrumb like texture.
3. Add the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, eggs and grated carrot and mix together well.
4. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
5. Transfer mixture to a loaf pan or tin.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 175 degrees c
7. Remove from oven, cover the top with foil and bake for a further 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
This topping isn’t essential. I used it on this version as I wanted to increase the lemony taste of the cake. Be aware that adding this topping will increase the amount of sugar of this cake!
1. Allow the cake to cool fully.
2. Mix together 3 heaped tablespoons of icing sugar and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
3. Drizzle Over the cake as desired and leave it to set in the fridge.
to keep up to date with the latest insights, recipes and case studies