(makes approx. 12 small pancakes)
Coconut flour (Groovy Food) 45g
Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
Coco powder 2 tablespoons
Coconut milk 200g
Almond/oat milk if desired
1. Add the coconut flour, baking powder, coco powder and eggs to a mixing bowl.
2. Measure out 200g of coconut milk (you may need to add the entire can to a blender and mix until coconut cream and liquid blends together before measuring it out)
3. Add the coconut milk to the bowl and mix well until batter has formed. You want the consistency to look like Angel Delight (if you know, you know!) Occasionally I need to thin the mixture down a little with almond or oat milk.
4. Heat up a non-stick frying pan until very hot (no oil!) test out temp with a small amount of batter.
5. Use a tablespoon to measure out small circles of the batter into the hot pan (you are aiming for scotch pancake sized circles)
6. Once bubbles appear, turn the pancakes over and cook for a few mins until golden. Be patient though as it takes a while for the bubble to appear. If you don’t wait long enough it will be a messy outcome for your pancake!
7. You can use the remaining heat in the pan to brown off some desiccated coconut.
NB: these pancakes don’t have any sugar so any sweetness will come from the toppings you choose.
Full fat Greek yogurt
Pumpkin/ sunflower seeds
to keep up to date with the latest insights, recipes and case studies